Holiday Gifts & Events Guide in this issue on pages 36-45. There are new advertisers who joined us for December & some advertisers are promoting different products or events. Happy shopping!
Christmas is a hurried time of the year but it’s also one of the best times to instill lasting memories. When I hear certain Christmas music, I can still remember where the skips were on my family’s old albums! We hope you’ll enjoy these traditions from some of our Facebook followers. Maybe they’ll become new ones you celebrate with your family.
- We let our son unwrap a book from under the tree every night (24 days) before Christmas for story time. We also bake together and wear matching PJs.
- Birthday cake for Jesus and Christmas Eve services.
- My 4 adult children, spouses and 4 grands come sleep over and we all enjoy the surprises of Christmas morning then cook breakfast together.
- Our family favs are our Act of Kindness Advent Calendar and our gingerbread house building competition!
- Fruit basket for all our neighbors!
- We put the kids to bed , then wake them up and go for a drive to look at Christmas lights. Even though they are getting older, they still love the surprise.
- We do a Jesse Tree Advent with ornaments that tell the story of creation to Jesus’ resurrection. Each night we sing a song, do a family devotion, and hang the ornament on a special tree.
- Making a plate with my kids feet/hand prints!
- Packing shoeboxes for Operation Christmas Child and PJs and movies on Christmas Eve.
- We wake up early Christmas morning, the kid’s snuggle up next to Daddy on the couch, while he reads the story of Christ’s birth. It’s a very sweet, special time. We held this same tradition in my home as I was growing up.
- The lighting of the Fayetteville Square in Fayetteville and the Christmas Train in Springdale.
- Making Christmas cookies every year with the kids. It’s takes hours but it’s the funniest time for the kiddos.
As we look to the new year, we reflect on all the blessings of 2014…friendships made, good health, precious time spent with family & friends, laughter that “hurt”, birthdays, anniversaries, new babies welcomed…the list could go on & on. And I’m especially grateful for the most amazing staff a girl could ask for! We approach 2015 with great anticipation as we have some exciting changes coming to Kid’s Directory!
Merry Christmas NWA!